Scotland is famous for its whisky tastings and at the Whisky Bar in the Dornoch Castle Hotel, it is no different. The Whisky Bar’s vast selection of rare and unique vintage malts to entice all whisky fans.
Simon and Phil Thompson have taken great care in creating their collection of whiskies and have developed a great understanding over the years which consequently has passionately transferred onto the dedicated team of staff who will happily impart their knowledge onto all who are interested, to make sure you have a truly memorable stay.
Whisky tastings can be arranged upon enquiry. With a selection of sampling flights soon to be added to the ever-expanding menu here at Dornoch Castle Hotel. Our knowledgeable Bar Manager Nick and talented team are on hand to talk you through the history and tasting notes of our award-winning selection of unique, rare and old single malts. Or even simply to assist in navigating through the extensive whisky list. From whisky novice to an expertly acquainted pallet, we certainly have a dram to suit each individual. Booking is essential.
Our Whisky Bar, situated in the heart of the Castle, has achieved critical international acclaim. Here are just a few noteworthy mentions:
- Currently No1 Whisky Hotel of the year on www.whiskybase.com
- Scottish Licensed Trade News ‘Whisky Bar of the Year 2014 & 2016′
- Caithness and Sutherland CAMRA Pub of the year in 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2016
- Extended live interview on www.whiskycast.com
- Whisky bar featured in Whisky Passion magazine as well as national press.
- Join 3000 others and follow us for fun irreverent comments on Facebook and Twitter
- Recent tastings for whisky groups from Japan, China, Singapore, Norway, Belgium, Holland, Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy and USA.
Simon & Phil are now onto their next venture, having successfully developed one of the best Whisky Bars in Scotland they are now putting their vast knowledge and experience to the test and have now successfully built their very own distillery on the grounds of the Dornoch Castle Hotel.
Dornoch Distillery is situated in the old “Fire House” which was built in 1881, situated in the rear of the Castle’s garden. Although the building is a micro-distillery it has plenty of room for the boys to create their own handcrafted ‘old style’ whisky and one shot ‘Thompson Brothers Organic Gin’. The Thompsons Brothers Organic Gin 50cL (45.7%) is available to purchase on Dornoch Distillery website or individual sales from Dornoch Castle Hotel’s Whisky Bar RRP £32.50.
For more information visit http://www.dornochdistillery.com